Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Suburban Bliss











How I love Suburbia. These pictures are just a few that I have found that photographer Bill Owens made. I am really interested in suburbia and what it means to me as someone who grew up there. I think his portraits of people, specifically the couples really intrigue me. They seem so isolated, but together. Its something I think I felt growing up there. It was such a lonely place. Even for those in a relationship it looks to be a bit lonely. The last picture with the culdesac is hilarious. It is the only one where people seem to be out as a community and today that doesn't even exist. I think now, more than ever, people moving to suburbia are isolating themselves and creating an exile that many have no clue about. I keep coming back to this subject matter. I can't run away from it. 

No comments: